Vero Beach Business Litigation Attorney
No business wants to end up in court. But there are many situations where litigation becomes necessary. If your business finds yourself involved in any sort of complex litigation, you need well-qualified attorneys by your side to zealously represent your company’s interests in court.
The Vero Beach business litigation attorneys at Markarian & Hayes have more than three decades of national experience in trying–and winning–jury trials. We have handled a diverse array of contested legal proceedings for individuals and clients throughout Florida–including a number of Fortune 200 companies. Whatever your situation, we can tailor a litigation strategy designed to help your business achieve success in the courtroom.
What Types of Business Litigation Do We Handle?
Business litigation runs the gamut, from small breach of contract disputes to multi-million dollar intellectual property battles. Some of the more common areas of business litigation we deal with at Markarian & Hayes include:
- Breach of contract– Contracts are the lifeblood of all business. When one party accuses the other of a breach, litigation is often necessary to resolve the dispute.
- Employment law– Current and former employees frequently sue businesses alleging violations of federal and state labor laws, including minimum wage and civil rights violations. Employers also need to bring lawsuits to address violations of employment and non-disclosure agreements.
- Regulatory disputes– Many Vero Beach-area businesses need to obtain federal and state permits for a variety of purposes, such as complying with environmental laws. If an agency has denied or revoked your permit, you can seek redress in the courts.
- Property rights– Florida businesses frequently need to defend their property interests, either from potential government eminent domain action or local “NIMBY” activists trying to stop a development project.
- Intellectual property– If an individual or business is misappropriating your company’s copyrights, trademarks, or patents, you have the right to take action to put a stop to such behavior.
- Torts & personal injury claims– Just about every business, especially those that operate storefronts or physical offices, has had to defend themselves against personal injury, product liability, and wrongful death claims at one time or another.
Managing Your Case from Pretrial Discovery to Appeal
Litigation is a marathon, not a sprint. It requires extensive investigation and preparation even before the initial lawsuit is even filed. And once litigation begins, there is typically an extended pretrial discovery period, followed by the trial itself. And even once a judge or jury renders a decision, the losing side may choose to appeal.
At our Vero Beach business litigation firm, we pride ourselves on handling litigation from start-to-finish. We have an extensive trial and civil appeals practice. This means we understand not just how to try your case, but also how to build and preserve a record for appeal should it become necessary. If you are involved in business litigation–or suspect you might be sued by someone–you should get in touch with us as soon as possible. Call Markarian & Hayes today at 772-794-3379 so we sit down and discuss your case.