Palm Beach Gardens Collection Dispute Attorney
With more than three decades of experience representing businesses throughout the state of Florida, our knowledgeable legal team at the law offices of Markarian & Hayes understands the importance of a well-managed account receivables. We also understand that disputes about payments and collections arise all of the time, and pursuing collection can be difficult. When your business finds itself involved in a collection dispute in central or southern Florida, our Palm Beach Gardens collection dispute attorneys can provide you with the competent legal guidance and aggressive strategies necessary to protect your business’ financial interests.
Representing Businesses Small and Large
The collection dispute attorneys at the law offices of Markarian & Hayes have experience representing businesses of all types and sizes. We provide legal guidance for businesses ranging from small, mom and pop shops to larger companies, including Fortune 200 businesses.
Our Collection Process Services
When another business or an individual owes your company money, initiating the collections process as soon as possible is an important part of protecting your business’s interests. The longer that you wait to collect on a debt owed to you, the more at risk you are putting your business – bad debt can adversely affect your business’ operations, and send the message that you do not take the collections process seriously. When you contact our law offices, we will begin the collections process immediately. This involves:
- Drafting demand letters. A demand letter, or letter of demand (LOD) is a letter that requests payment for services rendered (or contractual obligation). The letter explicitly outlines the amount of money owed, and sets a pay by date. Demand letters should always be drafted by an attorney.
- Negotiating settlements. In some situations, the party to whom the demand letter is set does not want – or is not financially able – to meet the demands presented. When this is the case, our law firm can negotiate with the party involved in the collection dispute to come to a conclusion about how debt will be settled.
- Developing payment plans. As stated above, there are situations where a party may be in agreement about the fact that they owe your company money, but are not in a position to make a large, lump sum payment. When this is the case, we can help to create or/and negotiate a payment plan that works for all parties involved.
- Pursuing compensation in court. When payments are not made and a collection dispute cannot be resolved in mediation and other out-of-court negotiations, it may be time to take the matter to court. We have experience representing clients in collection disputes in both state and federal courts.
- Enforcing court judgments. We can help your business to enforce a court judgment and collect the money that you are owed. Contempt actions, bank levies, and garnishment of wages are all common methods of enforcement.
Our goal is to settle all collection disputes out of court to save our clients time and money, as well as protect clients’ confidentiality. However, we also understand that in some cases, going to court is inevitable. When this is the case, we will represent your business with the competence and skills your business deserves.
Representing Companies Wrongfully Named in Collection Disputes
In addition to representing those businesses that need to collect on debts they are owed, we also have experience representing those business who are wrongfully named in collection disputes and are being wrongfully pursued for a debt they do not owe. When you are pursued for a debt that you do not owe, the repercussions can be serious if the matter is not settled in your favor. In fact, your business may be ordered by a court to make payments, and if you do not make those payments, your business could face serious consequences, like repossession.
We can also protect you and your business from unscrupulous debt collection acts. You have rights during the collection of debt. If your business is being harassed for payment, contact us today to learn more about your legal rights and how our attorneys can help.
In the event that you do owe collections and cannot pay your debt, we can represent your business during negotiations regarding a payment plan, as well as aid you in understanding bankruptcy for businesses.
Resolving Collection Disputes
Resolving a collection dispute quickly and quietly, regardless of whether you are the party trying to collect on the debt or are representative of the party from which debt is being collected, is always the best strategy. While you can turn to a collections agency to assist you during the process of collecting on debt, when a collections agency is unable to collect the debt, legal intervention is a necessity. At the law offices of Markarian & Hayes, we can help your business pursue swift and effective legal actions, and can represent you in and out of the courtroom.
Contact Our Palm Beach Gardens Collection Dispute Attorneys Today
If your business is involved in a collection dispute, do not wait until the last minute to take legal action – the sooner that you call an experienced attorney, the sooner that you can resolve the dispute and your business can move on with operations. Whether you owe a large debt you cannot pay, have been wrongfully named in a collections dispute, or need to collect on a sum of money that you have not been paid, we have the resources and experience your business deserve. Our law firm has been assisting businesses in Florida for more than 30 years, and we have earned a reputation of trust and excellence in our community.
We want to help your business discover an effective solution. Our aggressive Florida collection dispute attorneys will provide you with competent representation through all steps of the debt collection process, and will always advocate with your best interests in mind. If your business is involved in a collection dispute, contact us today. Your initial consultation is offered free of charge, and our services are 100 percent confidential.
Don’t put your business’ future on the line – call our law offices today to learn how our team of debt collection legal professionals can help you to avoid a potentially devastating situation.